Friday, November 21, 2008

A Ridiculous Moment in Time

I had a momentary lapse in judgment. I lost control of my emotions and had to gather myself. I am determined to be better than I was on yesterday. I am striving to be the best that I can be.

Can you imagine?

Being ambushed constantly with stuff

Trying to do what's right

Trying to live accordingly

Trying to be an example to others

But then there's the stuff

It haunts us repeatedly

Trying to draw us backwards

Trying to entice us to the garbage

The garbage that nearly destroyed us

The garbage that holds us down

The garbage keeps us stagnant

It is determined to have a stronghold

But I will break that stronghold

I will not be held back from my breakthrough

I will not allow it to control my life

I will allow God to guide my steps

Enhance my overall being

Become all that I was predestined to be

Because I am determined to move forward

I will be better than I was on yesterday

No comments: