Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Walking amongst Angels

What a beautiful moment in time! Just having a casual acquaintenace with anxious anticipation as I awaited my turn to cast my ballot for the 43rd President of the United States. Amongst all the other voters, you could feel the electricity in the air. It seemed that everyone was awaiting their turn to make a difference in tomorrow. This place was a breeding ground for friendships and casual associations. During my period of waiting, I noted the young ladies that surrounded me. In the front, the young lady possessed a book of interest to me. The book was composed of various postcards created by individuals who had decided to rid themselves of secrets that had crippled their lives for years. What an interesting book it turned out to be! Then there were the two young ladies behind me. A mother and daughter team who couldn't wait to cast their vote for the candidate of their choice. Our opportunity to engage each other was fantastic. We each had a part of ourselves to share with the other during our wait. We each had a significant story to share with the other. The most compelling of all was when I shared my recent release of my first book. The encouragement and congratulations I received made it all worth the while. I shared my business cards and made sure that each knew how to obtain my book for their own reading pleasure. After casting my ballot for my choice, I left the voting venue feeling empowered and ready to run the course that God has set forth for me.

Thank you God for allowing me the opportunity to walk with Angels.

No comments: